A pretty decent weekend's work, especially given the fact I have battled a hangover for most of it, though I will need to hit my straps tomorrow if the world is going to say hello to my first web app this coming Freitag.
I will post about the concept tomorrow, suffice to say it is something I would genuinely use and have a need for and I am excited to get it out if I can.
So what did I do so far?
On Saturday I wireframed the whole thing using the amazing Balsamiq. Was very, very fun and useful.
The wireframes then informed my models, so I drafted those.
Today I created the Rails project and started tracking it on Github. I'm determined to do an A1 job with GH on this.
I set up my databases with the usual back n forth between Rails and PSQL.
Back in Rails I set up my models and associations, at which point I realised I would have to rename some of my tables so I did that.
Finally, I created my seed database file though I may hold off importing it until I'm mentally prepped for error-driven development tomorrow.
And that's it. Right now, I'm pulling together a preso to pitch my classmates tomorrow and we're done for night one.
Going to be a big week...